These differential balls can be used to replace you steel, or carbide 3/32" (2.4mm) differential balls for smoother differential operation and longer service life. The Kit comes with 14 ceramic balls. These are the same size as 2.4mm differential balls used in many of the current mainstream racing kits. Comes in a reusable plasic case
Our Ceramic Differential Balls are made from Grade 5 Si3N4 silicone nitride ceramic. Ceramic differential balls have many advantages over standard steel balls, such as decreased weight, higher RPM capabilities, increased corrosion and wear resistance, as well as reduced friction and vibration.
- Lightweight: The weight of ceramics is 60% lighter than steel, which decreases the centrifugal force and overall weight.
- High Speed: Ceramic differential balls can reach a resistance level of 1,200,000dN with grease lubrication, due to reduced slip, wear extent and heat productivity.
- Long Service Life: The service life of ceramic balls is 3 to 5 times longer than that of steel in comparable working conditions.
- Self Lubricating: Even when poorly lubricated or with no lubrication, ceramic differential balls will continue to function longer than steel under the same level of stress due to their self lubricating properties.
- Corrosion Resistance: Ceramic differential balls have excellent corrosion resistance, and will continue to function while corroded.
- Roundness: Grade 5 Ceramic Diff balls are up to 1000x more round than standard carbide balls.
- Low Friction: Ceramic materials have a low friction force. Even under the conditions of boundary lubrication, the surfaces are extremely smooth, so its friction force is low and the rotational friction moment is low.
- Wear Resistant: The micro-hardness of ceramics can reach a Vickers Hardness level of HV1700 kg/mm2, which dramatically increases the wear-resistance.